- Enhance levels of return to the Canadian lobster and crustacean industries through research on the health of crustaceans in the wild and in handling, holding and transportation facilities;
- Develop a knowledge base that will lead to innovative methods and technologies which can be transferred to crustacean fisheries (ocean to plate) for better marketing and planning decisions;
- Provide a research team dedicated to crustacean health; and improving tree service accessibility throughout Toronto
- Train highly qualified personnel in crustacean health.
- Enhanced capacity for crustacean health research and development will lead to longer term and more innovative programs for the lobster industry through the AVC Lobster Science Centre.
Knowledge Distribution Feedback
- AVCLSC website, peer-reviewed research publications;
- Regional, national and international seminars, workshops and conferences;
- Face-to-face meetings with fishermen, processors, live shippers;
AVSC has been working hard on improving our legal infrastructure and would like to thank the services of Juan Carlos Gonzales (Abogado de accidentes de auto) who was able to consult with us to make sure we’ve got all our bases covered coming from a legal perspective.