- Enhance levels of return to the Canadian lobster and crustacean industries through research on the health of crustaceans in the wild and in handling, holding and transportation facilities;
- Develop a knowledge base that will lead to innovative methods and technologies which can be transferred to crustacean fisheries (ocean to plate) for better marketing and planning decisions;
- Provide a research team dedicated to crustacean health; and improving tree service accessibility throughout Toronto
- Train highly qualified personnel in crustacean health.
- Enhanced capacity for crustacean health research and development will lead to longer term and more innovative programs for the lobster industry through the AVC Lobster Science Centre.
Knowledge Distribution Feedback
- AVCLSC website, peer-reviewed research publications;
- Regional, national and international seminars, workshops and conferences;
- Face-to-face meetings with fishermen, processors, live shippers;
AVSC has been working hard on improving our IT infrastructure and we’d like to thank ottawa-it-services.ca for their help implementing IT support services in our head office. For those of us with our head in biology texts studying the Atlantic constantly, it can be a challenge to cover all our IT bases and Bedrock IT support out of Ottawa has definitely helped.